When: 2010 – present
Where: 6th October City, Egypt
Schools: Healthcare, Didactics & Curriculum Development
The agreed objectives of the cooperation between O6U and MeduProf-S are;
- Support and train the local teachers in the process of curriculum upgrade or improvement to the level of Dutch standards;
- Training on improvement of didactical skills and competences;
- On the job didactical Train-The-Trainer program for local teachers and experts;
- To offer students, meeting the criteria of Fontys and the Dutch law, a Double Degree;
- To stimulate student and teacher exchange between Egypt and The Netherlands;
- To cooperate in worldwide projects under responsibility of MeduProf-S.
MeduProf-S and O6U agreed about the following approach;
Year 1 (2011/2012).
In year 1 we did 2 preparation visits to design the final approach. A comparison of the curricula of O6U and Fontys University of Applied Sciences was done whereafter we started to improve the quality and didactical methods to prepare the curriculum upgrade. For the teachers and students we gave an introduction workshop in Problem Based Learning.
Year 2 and 3 (2012/2014).
In year 2 and 3 besides continuous quality improvement we focussed on professional improvement. The participating students attended several times an extra lecture week executed by a local and a foreign teacher.
Year 4 (2014/2015).
In year 4 the focus will be on improvement of research methods for students to get an optimal result in their final theses.